By Katie Gill
This week we look to the stars. Our theme is Astrological Animals, the creatures featured in the Zodiac. Fortunately for us, there are seven signs that correspond with animals.
- Scorpions can only consume liquids diets, so they use their venom to turn preys’ insides into liquid that they suck out.Info from https://t.co/Kz1e7ltg7T
- Goats’ pupils are rectangular, making the hooved creatures able to see 320° to 340° around them without moving. Info from http://livelyrun.com/from-the-farmer/goat-fun-facts/#sthash.iRJsJwDC.dpuf
- Cleaner fish help out other fish by removing parasites and dead skin from their scales.Info from https://t.co/KqhgKu43X7
- Rams are male bighorn sheep. Rocky Mountain rams have massive horns that weigh more than all of the bones in their bodies, up to 30 lbs for the set.Info from http://www.livescience.com/27724-rams.html
- Bulls aren’t angered by the color red. In fact, cows are red-green colorblind! It’s actually the motion of the cape in bullfights that draws bulls’ attention. Info from http://www.care2.com/causes/14-cool-facts-you-never-knew-about-cows.html Image from http://freedivination.org/articles_taurus-signs-you-must-know.html
- Move over, itsy bitsy spider! Strong waterspouts can sweep up crabs and other animals that live near the water’s surface and then rain them down over land.Info from http://www.factretriever.com/crab-facts
- Male lions have thick manes that serve to protect their necks when fighting challengers.Info from http://www.animalfactguide.com/animal-facts/lion/
We will be taking a week or two off from Fun Animal Facts, since we have a move coming up and things are HECTIC. I do have the next theme picked out, though: Boys Versus Girls. We’ll see you then.